25th Jul 2011 - 17th Sep 2011
Birthdays, walking, Rugby, drumming...
I'm not so big on writing the blog anymore. To be blunt it takes a long time to upload etc and seeing we get practically no news in return I don't really see why I should keep puting in the effort. No offence, but there are just not enough hours in the day.
I do add photos and video to keep the grandparents happy so if you are interested you can check out the website any time and there should be new stuff, but not diary entries...anyway as a quick bullet update, since the last enty in July we have done the following in no particular order.
1. Jacko went to the Bledisloe cup with the neighbours and some other mates. Had such a blinder that the neighbours had to bring him home but not before he vomited all over their garden. The following day we headed out for brunch but didn't get far before I had to pull over so Jacko could empty his stomach in a car park - CLASSY.
2. Jacko went to Queenstown for 5 days skiing with a mate, I got to babysit. It was right in the middle of NZ's big cold snap and he actually got snowed in but enjoyed a few good days nonetheless.
3.Mitch turned 1. We figured he wouldn't really undersatnd the whole thing so rather than have a party just got a few of our nearest and dearest around for some cake a few drinks for our first real event in our long time ago renovated garden. On the milestone front he can now walk, kick and throw a ball, has 14 teeth, can superman dive off the back of the couch and when we go to Jumping Beans he climbs ladders, hangs on the trapeze and spins around a bar like a gymnast, much to his delight and my horror. He can sometimes feed himself with a spoon or fork (I hope for more), can point out all the appliances in the kitchen, put all the toys in the toy box and whilst he can't ride his trike as such he does straddle it and walk it around the room. He also likes to turn it over and try to ride it upside down.
4. We've had a few kids parties on the go, mostly Mitchell's mates but also Zara, Jacko's god daughter who just turned 5. Gave us a glimpse of what future kids parties will require..EEK!
5. Obviously Rugby World Cup is on in NZ at the moment. We've been down to check out the Fan Zone etc and Jacko has been lucky enough to score free tickets to tonights Wallabies v Ireland (which we just lost) and he is also off to England v Scotland I think.
6. We took Mitch to what of those giant indoor kids playgrounds, where he had a ball (literally, in the massive ball pit)
Let's see...we are never home, but just can't think what we do with all of our time...just the regular morning beach walks for us. Mitch has taken a few fully clothed dips now, little bugger gets away too quick and just jumps right on in.
I'm heading home to Oz next month for nearly a month, to have a bit of "Terri" time while all the grandparents fuss over Mitch. Jacko gets a lot more social time here than I do so I'm balancing it out with some well earned book and beach time in the sun.
We seem to have quite a few pregnancy announcements lately - congrats to all of you, can't wait to meet your additions next year. I must remember not to drink any water, don't want to catch that bug, ha ha
Right well that's all I can think of at this late hour of 11.25. I'm hoping when I close this page to see that the Broncos have beaten the Dragons...fingers crossed.
Hope you are all well and look forward to seeing many of you next month. Take care, lots of love J T and Mitch xxxx
|765 Words | This page has been read 44 times||View Printable Version|